Using Our Website
Terms and conditions for website usage
The term "The Radio Company (UK) LLP" or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 26 Station Road, Whyteleafe, Surrey. CR3 0EP. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without The Radio Company's prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Hire - General Terms of Business
The Radio Company (UK) LLP
Standard Terms and Conditions of Business
- a. The Radio Companyî shall mean The Radio Company (UK) LLP, its branches, agents and representatives.
- b. Customerî shall mean any Company or its representative, private individual or organisation to which
- c. the Radio Company provides any or all of its services, (i.e. Sales, service, short/long term hire).
- d. Serviceî shall mean the repair, maintenance and/or refurbishment of equipment and shall include work carried out by way of installation of equipment and Preventative Maintenance Inspection (PMI) of equipment under any current maintenance agreement.
- e. Short Term Hireî (STH) shall mean the temporary loan of equipment for a period not exceeding 1 year.
- f. Long Term Hireî (LTH) shall mean the temporary loan of equipment for a period exceeding 1 year.
- g. Equipmentî shall mean legally licensed radio transmitting and/or receiving equipment and/or accessories thereof.
2. Quotations and Estimates
- a. An estimate provided by The Radio Company, at the request of a prospective customer, shall be based on available cost information at the time, and will be for budgetary purposes only.
- b. Quotations provided by The Radio Company will be based on prices and/or charges current at the time of quotation and shall be valid for a period of 30 days from the date of quotation unless otherwise stated. This validation period may only be extended by agreement in writing by The Radio Company.
- c. All work or actions taken by The Radio Company necessary for the preparation and provision of a quotation and/or estimate for service will be chargeable to the customer requesting such quotation in the event of the service not being undertaken by The Radio Company for whatever reason within the agreed validation period. This charge will be based on rates current at the time of quotation plus costs of any material necessarily used in pursuance of the quotation.
- d. Customers placing an order with The Radio Company subsequent to a quotation and/or estimate for Services will (with the exception of any materials costs) be exempt from those charges noted in para 2c. above.
3. Customer Orders
a. Companies/Organisations or their representatives
- (1) Customer orders for purchases, service or STH/LTH of equipment to be supplied by The Radio Company are to be made in writing on official headed paper bearing the customers full company details. Such orders should clearly state the full requirements. Payment terms, delivery instructions etc. and be signed by an authorised signatory of the company.
- (2) Preliminary verbal orders will be accepted by The Radio Company, however, no actions to complete such orders prior to receipt of written confirmation from the customer, as in para 3a (1) above.
- (3) Written orders in the form of a facsimile or letter are acceptable provided such orders meet with the terms set out in para 3a (1) above, and will constitute a legally binding agreement between The Radio Company and the customer concerned.
4. Credit/Account Facilities
a. Companies and Organisations
- (1) Credit/Account facilities may be requested by Companies or Organisations which have carried on regular business with The Radio Company over a minimum period of 6 consecutive months. Such requests are to be made on the appropriate documentation from The Radio Company.
- (2) Companies or Organisations which have not met the terms of para 4a (1) above may still apply for the facility, however, payment for any work carried out prior to clearance and acceptance for credit facilities will be by cash, credit card, or personal cheque only (subject to normal clearance and cheque guarantee procedure being satisfactorily carried out). Company cheques may be used but clearance of same will be carried out prior to release of equipment.
- (3) All requests for credit and/or account facilities will be subject to credit clearance checks and procedures by The Radio Company prior to acceptance and commencement of such facilities.
- (4) All invoices are to be settled within 28 days from date of invoice. Failure to do so may result in the credit/account facility being withdrawn.
- (5) The Radio Company reserves the right to reject any applications for credit/account facilities without explanation or prejudice.
- (6) Payment in respect of purchases will only be accepted in the form of a recognised acceptable credit card (subject to clearance), personal cheque (up to a maximum of the bank guarantee card) or cash.
- b. Private individuals Credit/Account facilities are not normally extended to private individuals.
5. Delivery of Equipment to the Customer
- a. Equipment purchased, serviced by, or hired under a STH/LTH agreement from The Radio Company will be delivered to the customerís address indicated on the order, unless otherwise indicated in writing.
- b. Equipment for customers without credit/account facilities will only be released on settlement of all charges under the terms of the order for any such equipment, purchased from, hired or loaned under STH/LTH agreement, or serviced by The Radio Company.
- c. Delivery will be made by any such suitable means The Radio Company considers appropriate, and shall be charged to the customer, such charges to be included as part of the appropriate invoice or bill.
- d. The Radio Company accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or delay in delivery however caused outside their direct control.
- e. Any damage or loss detected to a delivered consignment and/or equipment is to be notified to The Radio Company and the delivery agent, in writing, within 2 days of receipt and all original packaging material is to be retained to assist with any subsequent investigation of such loss or damage.
6. Non-Receipt of equipment
- Non receipt of despatched equipment must be notified to The Radio Company and the
- delivery agent within 5 working days following the date of despatch, if known.
7. Return of Equipment to The Radio Company
- a. Full responsibility and liability for loss, damage and/or non delivery of any equipment returned to The Radio Company rests with the customer until such time as the said equipment is received at The Radio Companyís premises. Proof of such receipt will be by signature of an authorised representative of The Radio Company only. The onus to provide such proof of receipt by The Radio Company rests with the customer in all cases of dispute.
- b. Should the method of return of equipment to The Radio Company be by any means which precludes ìproof of deliveryî by signature (as in the case of normal post which is not ìRecorded Deliveryî) then the customer shall accept full responsibility in the event of non-delivery and be liable for the full replacement costs of such equipment.
- c. The customer shall ensure that any equipment returned to The Radio Company is adequately covered by insurance (or other means) for its full replacement value in the event of loss or damage.
- d. The Radio Company accepts no responsibility or liability for loss or damage to any equipment returned to The Radio Company by whatever means.
- e. A customer will be liable for any charges or costs incurred by The Radio Company for whatever reason, through loss or damage however caused to any equipment returned from hire under a STH/LTH agreement.
- f. Equipment returned to The Radio Company for warranty repair or replacement is to be packaged securely in its original packing and insured against loss or damage for its full replacement value.
8. Equipment on loan/hire to a Customer
- a. Any equipment owned by The Radio Company which is loaned/hired to a customer for whatever reason is to be insured by that customer against loss or damage however caused, for its full replacement value.
- b. The customer is liable for any charges or costs incurred by The Radio Company in rectifying any fault, failure or damage to any equipment on loan/hire caused through neglect, mishandling, or abuse of such equipment. The Radio Company reserves the right to take whatever action is necessary to recover such costs or charges from the customer.
- c. The hire charge for the radios commences from the time the radios leave The Radio Companyís premises and is terminated at the end of the previously agreed period of hire or when the radios are returned there, or (if damaged) repaired, or (if lost or damaged beyond repair) replaced, whichever is the later, provided that the amount of any additional hire charge payable as a direct result of accidental loss or damage to equipment shall not exceed 13 weeks rental.
9. Notification of Completion
- a. When customerís equipment that has been serviced by The Radio Company is ready for despatch/collection, The Radio Company will (in the absence of any other customers instructions) inform the customer accordingly. For all non-account customers, invoices will have to be settled prior to despatch/collection.
- b. Disposal on default
- (1) In the case of non-account customers if payment has not been made and collection and/or delivery of the equipment has not taken place within 28 days of the notification of completion date, then The Radio Company reserves the right to dispose of any such equipment to their best advantage in order to recover any costs and/or charges involved.
- (2) The Radio Company accepts no responsibility or liability for any outstanding costs and/or charges owing to any third party connected with, or in any way pertaining to, any such equipment which is not collected and/or delivered, which is disposed of under the terms of para.9b(1) above.
- (1) Invoices appertaining to Maintenance Contracts are due prior to the relevant ìStart of Coverî date.
- (2) Invoices appertaining to Sales of Equipment are due on presentation.
- (3) All other invoices are to be settled in full within 28 days of the invoice date, unless prior agreement on settlement has been obtained in writing from The Radio Company.
- (4) Failure to abide by paras. 10a(1), (2) and (3) above may lead to refusal of account facilities and such action as deemed necessary by The Radio Company being pursued in order to recover all monies due together with all charges incurred by The Radio Company in pursuance of such settlement.
- Payment from customers with no account facilities is to be made prior to delivery.
11. Legal Title
- All equipment supplied by The Radio Company shall remain the Property of The Radio Company by way of Legal Title until such time as all outstanding monies (including installation charges etc) are remitted and the funds cleared through the bank, only then shall legal title revert to the customer.
12. Amendments and charges
- The Radio Company reserves the right to amend, update or otherwise change these terms and conditions without prior notice.
13. E-Mail Disclaimer
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The Radio Company (UK) LLP hereinafetr (TRC). This email contains information which is confidential and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient(s) please be advised that any dissemination, distribution, printing, copying of this mail or otherwise divulging of its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please notify TRC immediately by email or by calling on telephone number +44 (0) 1883 623 335 and delete this email from your system. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of this e-mail or the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. TRC therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission nor any liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted in this email. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of TRC. TRC reserves the right to monitor both outgoing and incoming e-mails.